Work Instructions: How to Replace 3/8" Shocks for Wrap Arms and Rocker Arms
- Inspect the shocks every 75,000 vehicles and replace them upon failure. This part number is only for 3/8" shocks for wrap and rocker arms.
- Z-Wrap Shock with 3/8" Bushing (P-M2002-A): Z-Wrap Shock with 3/8" Bushing (tommycarwash.com)
- Allen Wrench Set
- Channel Locks
- Make sure a Wash Stop is pressed in.
- Record how the shocks are mounted with photos.
- Use an Allen wrench to loosen the collar on both ends and remove it from the pins.
- If you have trouble with the collar not coming off: grip it with channel locks while holding the pin in place to twist it off.
- Remove pins from shock mounts. You might be able to remove it with just your hands.
- if you are having trouble: Use a hammer and punch to remove the pins from the shock mount.
- Place the pins in the new shock mounts. Make sure to mount it in the same position it was before.
- Place the plastic bushing on the ends of the shock lying face down on the mounts.
- Place collars back on pins. Use an Allen wrench to tighten it back up. Tighten snug. Do not over-tighten.
- Move the wrap/rocker/tire brush with your hands to ensure the shock is working correctly.
- Disengage the Wash stop.