This article will consist of the following sections:
- A Release Summary
- Install Instructions
- Software Instructions
- An Isometric Drawing
- A Bill Of Materials
This article will include links to the Release Summary, Install instructions, software instructions for editing the HMI, an Isometric Breakdown and the Bill of materials. Please see the bottom if you would like to download these files.
The purpose of the bug spray applicator is to cover the front bumper of a vehicle with severe deposits of bug remains in pre-soak as early in the wash process as possible. This allows for additional dwell time for the product to chemically loosen and remove bugs from the front of the vehicle. Bug Spray has been positioned as close to the entrance of the wash as possible without adding additional exterior sensors to provide maximum dwell time.
Notes: The wash will need to be shut down for this installation. Please keep in mind this function can not be assigned to specific wash packages.
- Fish tape
- Safety glasses.
- ½” poly line
- Begin by donning safety equipment. Using the fish tape, fish the ½” poly line from the detergent POD through the conduit to the pit.
- Cut away material from the third section of grate from the entrance to set the position of the bug spray assembly. This will set the position of the bug spray at approximately 8 feet from the beginning of the pit.
- Attach the poly line to the check valve on the bug spray assembly. Attach the other end to the desired open POD function using the following:
- 1.5GPM (orange) Versadial Injector P-CHE-2167, with Versadial set to 29
- 1.5GPM (orange) Hydraflex Injector with light blue metering tip.
- Position the nozzles to adjust the spray pattern to the appropriate angle and width as shown in Figure1.
- Once installation of equipment is complete, follow the attached instructions to activate Bug Spray through HMI
Figure 1. Bug Spray Pattern Demonstration
NOTE: When adjusting the nozzles, ensure that the spray does not cover an excessive amount of the windshield of lower vehicles. We do not want to obscure the vision of guests as they are loading onto the belt.
Warning the following configuration will require administrative access to the GWC Wash Controller. If not authorized please contact a supervisor or Tommy’s Equipment Support for further assistance.
1. From the Main Menu navigate to the “Monitor” Page by selecting monitor. Continue to select next until you find the sensor input “Entry Garage Door Eye”. Note the input terminal # for that input description, in this case it is “56”. (See Figure 1.)
2. From the main menu select output control and navigate to the detergent functions starting at
function 73. Find a spare output in the detergent POD section, rename it “Bug Spray” by
selecting the current description and inputting the new description with the on-screen
keyboard. Now select the corresponding F## Setup button. In this case it is “F98 Setup”. (See
3. Within the Function Setup screen configure the screen to match the following parameters. Once
complete, select the “Start When” button (see figure 3). Select “Start on Rising Edge of input”,
the box should change from white to green. Enter the input terminal previously noted in Step 1
into the “Input Terminal #:” entry field (See figure4.). Select Close. Select the “Stop When”
button (see figure 3.) Select “Stop After ___ Seconds” the box should change from white to
green. Change the number of seconds in the data entry field to “2”. (See Figure 5.) Select Close
and navigate to the menu.
Bill Of Materials
|E-P2020||Black UHMW bumper applicator housing||1|
|P-WAT-2737||Stainless steel manifold for bumper applicator||1|
|P-WAT-2092||1/4" Street 90 degree elbow - SS||2|
|P-WAT-2132||1/4" Male pipe hex head plug - stainless steel||2|
|P-WAT-2107||10E40 Nozzle PVC||2|
|P-WAT-2045||1/2" FNPT X 1/2" FNPT Elbow - SS||
|P-WAT-2039||1/2" MNPT X 1/2" Quick connect adapter - liquifit||1|
|P-WAT-2461||High temp 200 degree 240 PSI poly tubing||
|P-WAT-2738||1/2" Quick connect check valve - 0.7 PSI crack pressure||1|
|P-WAT-2221||3/8" MNPT stainless steel plug||1|
|P-WAT-2777||Beta hydraulic clamps for 1/2" NPS pipe - Cushions only (two included per set) - ZSI foster supplied||3|
|P-C2168||1/4"-20 X 1.5" Length socket head hex screw||6|